No matter how many closings I’ve had, there will always be something new that comes up…this job keeps me on my toes and is all about problem solving and keeping my clients happy…Check out some crazy walk through/closing day scenarios I have experienced.
All the paperwork is done, the sellers have vacated the house, you breathe a sigh of relief, all that stands between you and the buyers getting the keys to their new home is 1. a walkthrough and…
2. sitting with attorney to sign closing paperwork….easy right….think again! 🤪
1. Walkthrough Nightmare 1 – My adorable first time home buyers with the cutest little baby you ever did see…found the house of their dreams….it was a tricky transaction from day one but the icing on the cake was on the final walkthrough we go in the house to find the sellers TOOK all mirrors from the bathroom vanity…like mirrors that were SCREWED into the walls as FiXTURES and technically sold With the house 🤦🏻♀️
2. Nightmare #2 – Beautiful colonial house with hardwood floors throughout, upstairs there was a cute kids room with a large area rug…we didn’t think anything of it. On the day of the walkthrough we head into the kids room where said area rug had since been removed and BAM, there was a HUGE stain on wood floors almost 80%of the floor was a big stain. 🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️
3. Nightmare #3- On the day of the walkthrough we went to the house and the sellers had left behind a bunch of stuff – plates, furniture, garbage in garage…a house is suppose to be left empty and broom swept 🤔I guess people have different definitions of that.
4. And finally, nightmare #4 happened at the actual closing table- we were waiting for seller to sign something he forgot to sign. The problem was that the seller was traveling abroad without access to phone/email…my clients HAD to close that day because they were leaving for vacation the next day, finally we get it signed…and the Attorney had to literally run to the bank to make payoff before they closed🤪😳🤷🏻♀️ 🏃🏽♀️
Bottom line, nothing is ever as easy as it seems and things ALWAYS come up. It’s important to keep you cool and hire a professional who can help you navigate through the ups and downs, let ME lose sleep over these things so YOU don’t have to ❤️🏠